Reflections on Italy

January 2021 and a backlog of artwork:

ITALY 

I am picking up on my blog of so many years ago
because I have many things I would like to share.  

During this past year I had the luxury to spend a lot of time on my artwork and was inspired to create a few different series.   


SAN GIORGIO MAGIORRE


During the beginning of the Covid-19 shut-down I had Italy on my mind.  Ah Italy, you seem so far away! (And you were the first country to suffer so terribly during the pandemic).

I had only recently traveled to Venice, Ravenna,Rome and then on to Trevi where I taught a travel sketching class.  (More about my class later). For now I am going to share some of the collages I worked so diligently on with the intent of creating a book - some kind of a book. In the mean time here a few of my pieces from Venice. 

SAN MARCO


GRAND CANAL





NEAR THE BRIDGE OF SIGHS









Comments

Popular Posts